What kind of sick individuals wrap pork on pork? Us here at flames and food are just the kind of sick and twisted individuals to do it! Follow along and check out our Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin!
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
- 3 Pound Boneless Pork Loin
- 1 Pound of Bacon
- 3 Tablespoons of our Pork Rub
- We start by giving the Pork Loin a generous massaging with our pork rub. The sugars in the rub will work together really well with the smokey saltiness of the bacon, and add some depth.
- Wrap the pork loin with the bacon. We don’t get to fancy with this. We do use toothpicks underneath the pork loin to hold the bacon on.
- Set your grill up for indirect heat. We do this on our Weber Gas Grill with the 2 outside burners on Medium-High. This gives us right around 350 degrees at the cooking surface. (For a really good explanation of direct versus indirect grilling, check out this site. . .)
- We cook the bacon wrapped pork loin to an internal temp of 145 degrees. This should give you a nice medium rare.
We liked to serve this sliced with some nice roasted potatoes and a good applesauce. Now you can easily open up a jar of Motts and we won’t fault you for this at all. A good homemade applesauce will take this bacon wrapped pork loin to the next level! Pork and apples is up there with peanut butter and chocolate, as far as food pairings go and this double pork monstrosity really benefits from the homemade version.
If you liked this recipe, check out some of our others!
Armadillo Eggs , these babies really have to be seen to be believed. Sausage wrapped stuffed jalapenos, are you kidding?
More from my site
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep the content train rolling